Delmarva Power, a subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, will receive 40MW of wind energy and associated renewable energy credits from the recently completed Roth Rock facility in western Maryland, US.
The 50MW land based wind farm is owned by Gestamp Wind North America.
Delmarva Power signed a 20-year power purchase agreement with Roth Rock in 2008 to buy the electricity generated by the facility.
This agreement is part of Delmarva Power's Integrated Resource Plan, which supports Delaware's renewable energy standards.
The Roth Rock wind farm is comprised of 20 units of 2.5MW turbines manufactured by Nordex.
Delmarva Power will purchase 80% of Roth Rock's output while the remaining 20% will be sold separately to the University System of Maryland, Maryland Department of General Services.